[lbo-talk] New look at Yom Kippur war

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Thu Feb 23 14:10:59 PST 2012

Yah, Shamir is a complete whack job.

Years ago, I would always see (and hear) him at israeli political and anti-occupation meetings in Tel Aviv, but he eventually stopped coming when the Israeli Left activists realized that he was mentally disturbed. That was just about the time I began to see him come up and be referenced and published in international Left publications and discussions of Israel/Palestine issues (I guess he saw he wasn't able to sway the local activists who were in the know, so he began to focus on a less knowledgable international audience...and got increasingly ridiculous in his writings as he began to gain a 'following').

I happily hadn't seen his writings mentioned in a few years and thought he had crawled under some rock. Sadly that isn't the case.

Pretty damn low for Counterpunch to print his ramblings... (not that I read the article, I stopped when I saw who the author was)...

Bryan