[lbo-talk] MH & DG on university

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:07:51 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Miles Jackson <milesvjackson at comcast.net>wrote:

> 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
>
> More detail? The teacher and students never meet?
>>
>> Joanna
>>

> Yes, fully online classes. All the course materials and discussion forums
> are in an open source learning management system called Moodle. It works
> well for some students (e.g., students with good writing skills).
>
> Miles

yes, if they are not good at writing — or reading — it is a problem. on the other hand, if they are, it can make for very interesting discussions. replies tend to be thought through more carefully and relevant texts are brought in more often and more effectively. at least in my experience.

but as miles notes this won't always be the case.

appypollylogies for broken shift key