[lbo-talk] MH & DG on university

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Feb 27 05:15:52 PST 2012

ahhh. well, the claims about students and teachers hating online courses were not my own experience. I've never taken one. I was talking about what teachers at the local community and state college told me as to why there are so few courses available. The evidence showed that outcomes were poor, enrollments lower. Which I found interesting because when I taught in FL, there was a huge push for online learning - and I used to actually be in the business of developing an LMS - I would have thought everything would be online by now.

As for students not working hard, students disliking being challenged, BOU model not scaling, etc.: It sounds like a good example of what Graeber said about the war against imagination.