[lbo-talk] The Zapatistas triggered it all

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 18:29:50 PST 2012

Thanks for the pointer. Given what I've read so far (Debt, Possibilities), he's a good, honest thinker and a pleasure to read.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- The specifics of how this was kept alive in the U.S. context, via Direct Action Networks, is documented in Graeber's Direct Action. I strongly encourage anyone interested in this topic to read this book. He helps you understand that much of the handwringing over much of what went on with OWS (the problem of GAs, violence v non-violence, etc.) are issues that direct action networks have been dealing with for years, continually modifying their approach based on what they learn in the field. Although some arguments, natch, repeat themselves.