[lbo-talk] U.S. troops in Israel?

Joel Schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:13:13 PST 2012

News reports state that the US military is engaging in a larger than usual deployment in Israel. American forces have been engaged in exercises with the IDF for a number of years now, as have otherNATO forces. There are some US troops stationed in the country permanently. (Air defence, I believe) This is the biggest such exercise anyone can remember. Much of the chatter about this one ties the size of the US deployment to tensions with Iran.

Joel