[lbo-talk] Quote of the Day

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Jan 5 06:09:37 PST 2012

Both Epicurus and Wittgenstein told me that they no longer give a f--k.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant http://www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math

---------- Original Message ---------- From: Marv Gandall <marvgand at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Quote of the Day Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:59:12 -0500

On 2012-01-05, at 8:29 AM, c b wrote:

> Quote of the Day:
>
> " Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not
> here. And when it does come, we no longer exist ".
> Epicurus

Along the same lines:

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits."

&#65533; Wittgenstein, Tractatus, 6.431