[lbo-talk] unions and member education

lasko lascaux at riseup.net
Sat Jan 7 15:01:15 PST 2012

There's a lot worthy of unpacking in that.

But, briefly and incompletely, 15 years ago a college-educated member would in most cases have the potential to be a local nuisance to the local union; the internet has delocalized the nuisance and transformed it into a "global" threat?

Concurrently, the internet has disintermediated the university in favor of a more direct, individualized and propagandistic "teaching" mode free of scholarly constraints.