[lbo-talk] a case-study of how the Black Bloc is used to criminalize the new left

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Tue Jan 17 12:39:26 PST 2012

*a case-study of how the Black Bloc is used to criminalize the new left*

* http://www.berkeleyside.com/2012/01/16/berkeley-film-foundation-to-air-powerful-documentary/#comment-413680241 *

*Better This World, *which was partially funded and aired by PBS’s* Point of View, *follows two boyhood friends from Midland, Texas as their world spins out of control. David McKay, 22 and Bradley Crowder, 23, had been opposed to the Iraq War, yet had no idea of what, if any, action to take. Within six months, in a stunning turn of events, they wound up arrested on terrorism charges at the 2008 Republican National Convention.

The film explores their initial naiveté (“We just want to make the world a better place.”) and their bonds with the intense older Brandon Darby, a radical *agent provocateur*, who mentored and challenged them until their arrests. Much of the film is about the Feds’ relentless prosecution of McKay and Crowder, and the eventual (here, undisclosed) outcome.

compare the dynamics of this to Berlusconi's Mousetrap ? is there any substantive difference? I'd say, NONE

http://vimeo.com/8672001 Chomsky on Revolutionary Pacifism compare the excitement of battling the police in the insurrectionary Black Bloc with the BORING Chomsky

http://vimeo.com/32935433