[lbo-talk] Trust not yourself; but your defects to know, Make use of ev'ry friend - ev'ry foe.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 18 19:54:54 PST 2012

I lack the scholarship to do it right, but I do have what I think may be some interesting ideas. When I'm stronger, or just sleeping more regular hours, I may try to sketch them out. They would be totally inconclusive and full of holes, but perhaps suggestive.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Ferenc Molnar Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:45 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Trust not yourself; but your defects to know, Make use of ev'ry friend - ev'ry foe.

Carrol Cox wrote:  Now if I could still read, the book I would be concerned to read & taste _as_ a book is Pope's Essay on Critiicism. It has been growing on me in my memory. My thoughts on it do, combined with a number of other things, bear on our world, & concern how in the 1880s a discipline was born. FM: Would love to hear more on this... ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk