[lbo-talk] Trust not yourself; but your defects to know, Make use of ev'ry friend - ev'ry foe.

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 18 20:05:43 PST 2012

I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on the Essay on Criticism. Why not do it as a recording? (It would be easy of course to get it transcribed.)

People who've taught for a long time, like us, naturally do 50-minute lectures, and we often do it better, the fewer notes we have.

Another possibility would be to record an interview on the subject, particularly if you primed your interviewer with some questions to get going.

And it's always a comfort to know that transcribed lectures/interviews can be edited...