[lbo-talk] the Grundrisse and credit

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 19 20:18:05 PST 2012

I agree, esp. with some clarification from an off-list post. But my original post is correct also.

It would be interesting if two or three of those on this list who know econ would set up a specific form, at least roughly, then try to trace the reverberations of that change in the economy. The economy in motion. That would produce at least tentative knowledge.

But chatter about it has the same legitimacy as playing euchre; some get a kick out of it. Fine. People need their fun. But it does not produce knowledge and it has no relevance to political action.

An amateur toss out: Cancel household debt of all families with less than 60k annual income. If that is silly, craft your own.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of shag carpet bomb Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:50 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] the Grundrisse and credit

but it's a serious question. as i said earlier, it was the topic of dinner party conversation once among friends. being totally ignorant of how it works, as most people are, what the hell would happen if debt was just cancelled. hit the reset button. jordan tells me the question is too stupid for an answer.... alrighty then!