[lbo-talk] the Grundrisse and credit

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Jan 20 03:08:54 PST 2012

I was not sure who "them" in your post meant. If it refers to legislators and presidents, then as I understand it, the idea, as discussed on the list back in October, was to use debt cancellation as a demand around which to organize OWS energy into a movement - much as, say, women's liberation was corralled into the ERA movement. I imagine the goal would be to funnel energy into getting Congress to pass a bill. In which case, if your "them" referred to people to whom debt is owed, then the "force" would come from the state.