[lbo-talk] Ron Paul on the Civil War

Nathan n.crazeddoberman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 20:42:23 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:54:51AM -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
> The Civil War "involved a great loss of liberty":
>
> http://www.theatlantic.com/personal/archive/2012/01/an-interesting-perspective-on-american-history/251766/

Wow, at this point I can't tell whether Paul's not-exactly-crypto-racism or old age are doing most of his talking.

And I'd like to suggest that what with the Santorum re-count victory, Paul's nonsense, Gingrich's in-the-news-again divorces and Romney attempting to run against his own healthcare plan, I'm really looking forward to getting some really nice "GOP Self-Destruction Tour 2012" memorabilia.

Not that America really needs a fourth term of Bush II policies, but it beats waking up in the Handmaid's Tale.

-- Nathan