[lbo-talk] Andarchist 'Theory' of 'Power' Was ..." - profoundly ahistorical

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 22 18:12:20 PST 2012

Shag writes:

" That's the way that at least one form of oppressive relations of power work in the workplace

"if you think this kind of power in social life is unimportant, that's fine.

we'll have to disagree."

--------

It is of course of tremendous overwhelming importance. I has to be battled endlessly both in society at large and within mass organizations.

And that usually requires individuals speaking up. Probably there are other rules of thumb on how to confront and overcome it in specific instances.

But I don't see how this bears at all either on my initial post. Much of it has been Movement truism (unfortunately not well practiced) for about 40 years. It is an acid that destroys social movements from inside. And so forth. There is nothing whatever here to argue about. And there is no way to theorize at any general level how to control this Monster bourgeois society has incorporated within our spontaneous responses. Do you have a Theory on it?

Carrol