[lbo-talk] Let Practice & the State was Ron Paul...

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jan 24 06:04:06 PST 2012

this is an ignorant characterization of an anarchist view of the state.

if you want anarchists to take you seriously, then you start by taking *them* seriously - and that means taking their arguments in the best light possible. saying that they think the state is evil is idiotic.

<> Carl G.E. wrote: " Except for the seriously misleading <> big-government/small-government meme (it makes a big difference <> whether the <> big government is the WPA or the CIA) . .." <> <> This is crucial for left thought and action. Many of our campaigns <> _favor_ <> more use of state power. E.g. We attack the government for its <> _failure_ to <> use its power to enforce OSHA on reluctant capitalist frims. And as I <> said <> in the earlier post, this presents a real problem: <> <> .a) We must coalition with Anarchists <> .b) Anarchists have great difficulty in seeing state power as other <> than <> unadulterated evil. <> <> This on the whole requires working out at the local level¸ but it <> needs <> to be discussed and explored in all left forums. <> <> <> Carrol <> <> <> ___________________________________ <> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk <>