[lbo-talk] Ron Paul and the Civil War

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:25:40 PST 2012

[WS:] Nice rhetoric, but then so what? Bush jr. promised the same, and then invaded Iraq. Obama at least was honest about his plans to escalate war in Afghanistan. So why should Paul be any different? Because he says so?

The reason behind US militarism is not because leaders are bad or dishonest, but because there is very little political cost for sending in the troops, but a very high potential cost for failing to do so.

Wojtek