[lbo-talk] not theory

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Jan 25 09:06:32 PST 2012

Alan Rudy wrote: <> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM, shag carpet bomb

<> Fits very well with the widespread idea - held by just about every <> student <> who walks into my theory class and/or resists unpacking theoretical <> traditions embedded in topical readings - that theory is "just <> theory", <> opinion mixed with a little more intense thinking.

excellent point!

<>> ... SNIP ... So, visually, it was, like, practice at the top, and <>> some <>> very interesting theory undergirding it­which is exactly right." <>> <>> personally, i disliked n+1's newsletter design. ugh. <>> <>> My students were initially quite drawn to it but then found it well <>> nigh <> impossible to work with as a pdf... none saw the reportage over <> conceptualization dynamic at work. <> ___________________________________

ugh. there's a reason why the rule about no more than 2 or 3 fonts in a document exists! you should only break it if you know what you're doing. this designer didn't! It was unreadable! Esepcially since you had to depend on font to know which piece was the continuation when continued on another page.

irritatin!