[lbo-talk] So, what'd you think of Obama's State of the Union speech?

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:20:57 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> I thought the part about Iran was interesting.  He basically said:
>
> - We're committed to them not getting nuclear weapons
> - We've got 'em covered with sanctions
> - The rest of the world is working with us now

[Cackle]. And there's the US imperial decline in a nutshell. "The rest of the world" is, in reality, just the EU. Not ALBA, UNASUR, SCO, the AU, the BRICs or the emerging Turkey-Egypt alliance (a.k.a. 85% of the planet). I think US elites have surpassed their Soviet predecessors in terms of self-destructive imperial self-delusion.

-- DRR