[lbo-talk] not theory

Chris Sturr sturr at dollarsandsense.org
Thu Jan 26 14:16:17 PST 2012

I could definitely be wrong, but wasn't "philosophy of praxis" just Gramsci's term for Marxism (I always assumed it to be a euphemism so he could get his writings past the prison censors, but I could have made that up), and by "praxis" didn't he mean some combination of theory and practice (practice informed by theory, or vice versa, or both?), so that it doesn't make sense to ask what the relationship between theory and praxis is? (Or you can ask, but the answer is that theory is a *component* of praxis?) (I understand that I'm not really answering your questions, Shag!)

-- Chris Sturr Co-editor, *Dollars & Sense* 29 Winter St. Boston, Mass. 02108 phone: 617-447-2177, ext. 205 fax: 617-447-2179 email: sturr at dollarsandsense.org