[lbo-talk] The '60s

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:33:13 PST 2012

On 2012-01-26, at 7:25 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Anyone who wants to engage in the c oming struggles triggered by Wisconsin &
> expanded by OWS will have read Ted Morgan's book or he/she is not serious in
> his/her claimed political intentions.
>
> Any one who refers to 'the '60s' even in casual dinner-table chat without
> having read Ted Morgan's book is proliferating nonsense (often in its most
> vicious form of half-truths).

I've not read Ted Morgan's book, Carrol, and as someone who was active in the 60's, have some opinions about that period.

Could you succinctly indicate what observations in Morgan's book breaks new ground or otherwise challenges some of the commonly held views about the 60's by radicals who participated in its events and organizations? That will help me decide whether it is worth setting aside other material to read it.

Sorry about the increased difficulty with your eyesight.