[lbo-talk] Casa Pound

Joel Schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:39:50 PST 2012

Here in Turin, there's a lot of anti-Casa Pound graffiti. The organization has tried to set up a local facility, unsuccessfully, as local leftists have made big efforts to keep them out.

This said, CP (their initials, ironically, used frequently) take inspiration from autonomism, and Gramsci, run their own network of fascist squats, etc. Future skinheads who read left.

A lot of Nazi skins are present in the organization. However, it sees itself as more of a general clearing hourse for far rightists, constituting themselves in a new coalition.

The thing that worries a lot of progressives here, which I have read, is their student auxiliary, Blocco Studentesco. It's quite successful at recruiting high school age kids.

Casa Pound made their biggest global headlines late last year, when a member, a fantasy novelist/metalhead guy, killed several Senegalese migrants in Florence.

Joel