[lbo-talk] Claudio Katz on the Global Economiy Crisis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 29 18:36:51 PST 2012

On Pen-L Joanna wrote: "Tamas has a finely argued essay about citizenship being the foundation for the new fascism."

This is interesting, and while I continue to think we should be wary of ahistorical uses of the term "fascism" for any or all authoritarian developments, a reactionary movement which centers on Citizenship (with attacks on non-citizens and migrants) does show historical continuity with the original fascist movements in sothern and eastern Europe.

Carrol