[lbo-talk] libor?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 18 16:33:00 PDT 2012

And all this quite seriously misses -- no, conceals -- the real horror of capitalism and capitalist relations of production.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Grimes Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:40 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] libor?

> To those who don't think it's a big deal: you're wrong. The criminality is
> so obvious that even the DOJ is investigating. > --
> -Nathan Tankus

---------

Thanks. That's what I was asking. Like I said, this is criminality on a scale I can't quite grasp. The bank bailout was extortion. The Congressional hearings were for show, that is fake. Matt Taibbi has been following this story, now that started wandering around the web looking.

``...these three Wall Street wiseguys spent the past decade taking part in a

breathtakingly broad scheme to skim billions of dollars from the coffers of cities and small towns across America. The banks achieved this gigantic rip-off by secretly colluding to rig the public bids on municipal bonds, a business worth $3.7 trillion. By conspiring to lower the interest rates that

towns earn on these investments, the banks systematically stole from schools, hospitals, libraries and nursing homes - from "virtually every state, district and territory in the United States," according to one settlement. And they did it so cleverly that the victims never even knew they were being -cheated....''

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-scam-wall-street-learned-from- the-mafia-20120620#ixzz210rjqPsk