[lbo-talk] Smart about smartphones?

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Jun 4 11:25:47 PDT 2012

On Jun 4, 2012, at 2:06 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> Is there anyway to get a smartphone without getting totally ripped off AND still getting good reception?

I agree with Jordan’s response, but I do wonder: what is your threshold on ripping and good reception? I pay about $65 for the iPhone + unlimited (for now) data from AT&T. I hate using a phone (for talking to people), so the reception is not usually a big issue for me, and I find it tolerable. The data rates have been getting worse recently, but up until now was adequate. In short, in the progression of life defined as the process of being fucked unpleasantly by various corporations, my AT&T iPhone bill is a pleasurable event in comparison to the $1300 I paid for my son’s emergency room visit which consisted of a 2 minute application of liquid bandage.

—ravi