[lbo-talk] Labor Notes is hiring

jbrown72073 at cs.com jbrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Jun 4 12:30:19 PDT 2012

Our excellent editor is leaving after many years at the wheel. Please pass on to others who may be interested. We have offices in New York and Detroit.

Jenny

Editor Writing, soliciting, and editing articles for our monthly magazine and daily blog and following a number of beats (specific unions, industries, or topics), along with some administrative responsibilities. The editors lead copy meetings, plan coverage themes, maintain an editorial calendar, and work with staff writers and off-staff authors to solicit and produce a fast-paced, factually precise, and diverse flow of stories. Proficiency in copy editing and excellent writing are required, as well as news sense.

Staff Writer/Organizer Write for the monthly magazine and daily blog. Develop areas of expertise and keep in close touch with beat contacts to produce unique stories about the rank-and-file labor movement. Web and layout skills a plus. Organize local one-day Troublemaker Schools (like mini-Labor Notes Conferences) in cities around the U.S. Work with local committees to plan program, recruit, and organize logistics. Organize and facilitate stand-alone trainings and workshops on a variety of labor topics.

Further details at: http://labornotes.org/jobs