[lbo-talk] [SPAM_ISU] :Re: Is Lack of Worker Skills Responsible for High Unemployment?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 5 09:41:19 PDT 2012

We can't _know_ this is the case, but I think Wojtek is quite correct in his speculation. If everyone flunks, the person making the appointment can exercise his personal preferences without risking a law suit.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Wojtek S Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:16 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [SPAM_ISU] :Re: [lbo-talk] Is Lack of Worker Skills Responsible for High Unemployment?

[WS:] But is not it often the case that the hiring supervisor already has a candidate groomed for a position, but he needs to go through the motion of recruiting from a wider pool. So to prevent others than the groomed person to be most qualified, which invites law suits, he put the groomed person's qualifications into the job description.

I think the whole process is crooked and corrupt to the core except perhaps for hiring for menial jobs - they just maintain window dressing of equal opportunity for PR purposes.

-- Wojtek