[lbo-talk] Query re Marx quote

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 12:29:37 PDT 2012

 Somewhere, perhaps in the Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts Marx says something to the effect that under capitalism even if there were equal distribution of income that the worker would still be in effect a slave. I just cannot find the relevant quote. Does anyone recall the passage? I thought it was interesting since it shows that the idea of an equal distribution of income has nothing really do with communism as understood by Marx. It makes little sense anyway since to distribute according to needs would surely involve unequal  distribution.of income.

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html