[lbo-talk] A Glimpse into the Fate of Ph,D's currently

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jun 12 03:50:01 PDT 2012

btw, why do YOU do it? when i went to grad school, my $8000 per semester scholarship was more than I'd ever made, per hour, than any of the $6/hr jobs I'd had. Even factoring in 30 hr work weeks for one slavemaster prof. Similarly, even the small change gigs where I assigned only written essay assignments still worked out to be better than $6/hr even factoring in grading. When I moved to florida and found out that the local comm colleges were willing to pay a big old $1600/ semester, I got a "real" job and said: fuck that noise. I had options, though. I suppose in rural settings, it's hard to come by much else so the adjunct job is better than nothing?