[lbo-talk] A Critical Review of David Graeber's Debt

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Jun 12 07:36:04 PDT 2012

On Jun 12, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> So much of the Occupy movement is - was? - about space and state but has a lot of trouble talking about production and property.

IMHO, it seems unfair to make this sort of generalisation about the Occupy movement (Jodi Dean’s “[if it’s not Xist], then it’s not my revolution” approach). Especially given the parallel criticism about Occupy’s naiveté about the police, etc. In my own interactions with those deeply involved in OWS, I see no dogma, whether it be on anarchism or Marxism.

2 cents,

—ravi

Where X = Lenin, Marx, <insert political philosopher here>