[lbo-talk] No private schools in Finland

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 20:55:55 PDT 2012

  I read the article through and it does not seem to mention an important feature of  the Finnish system namely that there are no fees at all for post secondary education. The idea of university education being free is somehow or other regarded as Utopian in the U.S. and yet a small country such as Finland with no petro dollars is able to manage it.

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: "123hop at comcast.net" <123hop at comcast.net> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:42:29 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] No private schools in Finland

I'm amazed this was published in the Atlantic, but it's pretty good.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/12/what-americans-keep-ignoring-about-finlands-school-success/250564/