[lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 10:02:02 PDT 2012

 I think Max's point is that charter schools can be non-profit. In fact I gather that some of them are quite progressive co-op type operations where parents would have a considerable amount of input and control. So there is a wide spectrum of charter schools not just for profit schools. However charter schools in general will have the effect of making it difficult for public schools to get enough resources to provide a quality education. These management companies such as Muskegon is seeking are for profit companies. That is what I wanted to verify since I wrote an article describing them as such.

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; "lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 5:07:42 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

what i was trying to understand was why max seemed to be making a distinction where there are charters and then there are for profit management companies. i am not sure how a for profit charter school company is different from a for profit school management company.