[lbo-talk] Yannis and new queer agenda show...

lasko lascaux at riseup.net
Tue Jun 26 04:15:02 PDT 2012

On 6/25/12 8:27 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> At any rate, I take it that anyone who actually manages their own time,
> sets their own deadlines, gets their work done so that others depending
> on that work don't have to way is simply working for the mini manager in
> their head?

That's a good question, but I don't think it necessarily captures the full context of what I posted, in which three conditions were present: a boss who eliminates formal hierarchy, employees who are tasked with self-management, and new software which allows each of them to monitor all of their performances, and create peer-ratings which replace the formal hierarchies. The suggestion was that it is possible to frame such a system in less-than-glowing terms, of which "cultivation of your inner mini-manager combined with technologies of surveillance" was a facile and improvised example. Obviously it could be explored with greater depth.