[lbo-talk] Photographs of Workers

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Jun 26 11:04:37 PDT 2012

I would like to hear people's views on these technically marvelous photographs. There is a great worker angle here.

http://pavelkosenko.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/4x5-kodachromes/

Ismail Lagardien ------------

Born in Los Angeles 1942. So most of these photos are from my early childhood.

As a boy, I built models of most of the planes and recognize the parts. Women and men still looked pretty much as they do in the photos. Very strange to them again. Back near then, a lot of factories were still running three shifts like the newspaper where my father worked: day, night, graveyard. It's probably impossible to understand the scale of these factories. They were the size of air fields.

Thanks much

CG