[lbo-talk] US Supreme Court upholds 'Obamacare'

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:22:32 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What bothers me more is that this care demonstrate the enormous power
> the SCOTUS has in this country - seemingly greater than that of the
> Congress.  This is really scary - not only because it is nine
> unelected fellows not accountable to anyone but also because what is
> the basis of their decision - perceived logical consistency with a
> vague 18th century text.

The ironies run deep. (1) It explains the US neocon obsession with Iran: the neocons hate the mullahtariat out of a twisted, distorted love. (2) This country is regressing back to its 17th century foundations as a slave plantation, penal colony, and generalized freefire zone for conquistadors.

-- DRR