[lbo-talk] Jargon in Science

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 10:27:43 PST 2012

> I gotta admit this argument floors me. Are there straightforward,
everyday terms that can - with any discursive efficiency - cover the meaning of modernism, orientalism, materialism, novel, gender, fugue, Sophist, dialectic, or any of the types of poetry that demand highly specified formal elements? ___________________________________

No, I'm not saying there are every day terms ...I'm just saying that "gender" seems a different kind of term than "molecule," and "dialectic" from "relativity."

Joanna