[lbo-talk] Fwd: Noam goes with Barry ?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Mar 14 08:02:32 PDT 2012

shag carpet bomb writes:

> I think ignoring the majority of opinion is telling in so far
> as it doesn't highlight the fact that a *majority* of nonvoters
> are dissatisfied with the nation and a *majority* of nonvoters
> are also discontented with the federal government.

I'll try one more time. If both groups -- voters and nonvoters -- aren't happy with the government; and the voters are about evenly split between Republican and Democrat parties; why should I believe that adding more discontented people to the mix would change the outcome?

There are certainly interesting things to talk about wrt to the majority of both voters and nonvoters (also known as "citizens") being discontented with the government, but the assertion that the outcome would be different if the US had, say, double the number of voters isn't supportable.

/jordan