[lbo-talk] Neoliberalism Hits a Speedbump?

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:08:44 PDT 2012

I posted this because I think it is fascinating the way it suggests class awareness is far more advanced within the Asian working-class than in the West. Can you imagine governments in Europe or the United States today telling business that they must raise wages because they fear the voters?

Here is the reference for the article.

James Hookway, Patrick Barta, and Dana Mattioli. 2012.

"China's Wage Hikes Ripple Across Asia." Wall Street Journal

(13 March).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230445000457727911

1724105828.html?mod=ITP_pageone_0

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com