[lbo-talk] On "whiteness"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:20:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:

as for how the Sizzlean do it, it's probably still the case, but you should
> check: cops assign the race, last I knew.

It may vary by state. I'm dark-skinned "white" (Palestinians thinks I'm one of them until I open my mouth), and I've had a couple of Virginia cops who had pulled me over for speeding ask, in a disinterested, bureaucratic, filling-out-the-forms sort of way, just what the hell I was, anyway.