[lbo-talk] Internet accounts

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Mar 21 16:54:57 PDT 2012

> 'security' questions

One thing that I've found helpful to consider with these sites is that it's not terribly unlikely that an attacker who knows you could have the real answers to these questions. So I basically make up new questions, and take note of them. If the questions are:

- What's your favorite color? - What street did you grow up on?

I turn this into:

- What's 3 + 15? - What do you call your neighbor when he's not looking?

And give the answers:

18

and

Asshole

Now, when they ask you: what's your favorite color? You can answer: 18.

/jordan