[lbo-talk] exercise...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 21:26:47 PDT 2012

speaking of the latter, read a book over the weekend about the science behind common exercise issues (e.g., cardio or weights first at the gym? more protein to prevent lean body mass? etc.) fascinating stuff. there's a really interesting section on the fact that our biggest enemy these days is the sedentary lifestyle at work. if we could also just work in a job where we regularly strolled or even engaged in repetitive tasks such as a factory line, we'd do better. what's killing us is the work that we do that usually involves a 9 hour stretch of our lives on our ass. apparently, some research has shown that light activity all through the day, even if it only burns 4 more calories per hour is actually better than spending one hour on the hamster wheel at the gym every single day. no shit.

---

Yup. I lived for a couple of years without a car in a small town in upstate New York. Walked everywhere--everywhere being with 1/2 mile of my house. Two wonderful years. Got down to my ideal weight without trying and I could eat anything I wanted.

Joanna