[lbo-talk] Internet accounts

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:49:21 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
> well, this only works if you never connect your computer to the internet. by
> virtue of making a connection to anything on the web - a web site, email -
> you automatically subject everything on your computer to access by anyone
> else using the internet.

I actually think electronic wallets and such are the best compromise. Not perfect. But the user needs only one password and the rest of security is up to people who have resources to put into security. Of course the downside if someone compromises user security they get everything for that user, and if someone compromises central storage security they everything for hundreds of thousands or millions of users plus probably additional stuff for a bunch of vendors as well. But I suspect still the best compromise available to an individual who wants have internet access to financial accounts.