[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Sat Mar 24 17:15:14 PDT 2012

On Mar 24, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> If anyone's curious, I can explain why I don't like nationalism, but
> support Palestinian nationalism as the best actually-existing option. So
> why oppose imprisonment, but support the imprisonment of George Zimmerman?
> If there's an argument, I'm open to hearing it.

You know the what 'arrest' means.

It's an election year and a young black man, who may or may not bear some resemblance to a sitting president is executed by a picture of a moron with a gun, and becomes a prime media issue.

I would say that 'arrest'ing the action might be the appropriate reaction. "They're coming for our guns!", anyone?

If there is a Zimmerman he needs to be in protective custody until an investigation is completed and explained to the people's satisfaction.