[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:03:04 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

The entire left, so far as it exists, from the NAACP & Move-On to ISO, RCP,
> & Solidarity has been acting on this.

I'm probably wasting my time expecting any intellectual consistency, but ...

Why is there no left until you want for there to be one? And MoveOn? REALLY, Carrol?!

To the extent that there is one, it's at least as capable of acting like a pack of baying ignoramuses as any other mob. Remember the Duke lacrosse team?

> And the discussion on this list seems curiously detached from any
> even remote relationship to political practice.

What can I say? I'm fighting other battles at the moment.