[lbo-talk] advertising and marxism

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:44:51 PDT 2012

Prices , yes, however, whether monopolies or not the wages paid to wage laborers, who are the mass of consumers of personal consumption commodities, put a limit on how much can be realized by actual sale regardless of what the price is. Effective demand limits effective price in Keynesenoid terms.

Monopolies, oligopolies, like the automobile companies, can collude and price fix, but they can't get around the fact that the mass of wage laborers are only paid so much, and it is always less than enough to buy all the consumer commodities which they produce; because the capitalist exploits a portion of the value they produce at the stage of production and appropriation of production for sale.

This is a self-evident characteristic of the market which Marx's approach makes clear.

Charles