[lbo-talk] Bill Maher: 'The new racism is denying racism'

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 20:20:30 PDT 2012

Maybe it's time to retire the term, except in historical discourse. We're not in the 1920s or 1950s any more. We live -- us Amurricans, anyway; can't speak for the Krauts or the Frogs -- in a society which is, if not post-racial, at least post-racist. Nobody, but nobody, is willing to come out as a racist; a hundred years ago, nearly everybody would.

-----

Isn't racial profiling racist? Plenty of that going around.

Black people get much harsher sentences than white people. Isn't that racism?

Also segregation in the schools. It's as bad as in the Brown days. Isn't that racism?

Joanna