[lbo-talk] Bill Maher: 'The new racism is denying racism'

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 28 23:08:50 PDT 2012

On 3/28/2012 9:50 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> I kinda think we need a new vocabulary.

Speaking of vocabulary.

Magic Johnson is the new face of the Los Angeles Dodgers as of today. His ownership share is smaller than his partners. The main money is Mark Walter, CEO of Chicago-based financial services firm Guggenheim Partners. The purchase price of $2.1 billion is a record for a sports franchise.

Sports radio today was calling Johnson a "minority owner" referring sometimes to his ethnicity and sometimes to his share of the deal.