[lbo-talk] Mitt on mandates ...

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:17:35 PDT 2012

That would be the logical conclusion. However, Romney is running to be presidential candidate for the GOP so he cannot be logical. But then if you follow a number of people on LBO consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds so maybe he just has a very large mind.

Cheers, ken

^^^^^

CB: I think the other old saying is that "big" minds are able to hold two contradictory ideas _at the same time_. Romney doesn't hold them at the same time. Actually, I think one of Romney's problems is that he is sort of dull.

His father had a similar semi-dimwitted style ( I have some familiarity with George Romney because he was Governor of Michigan in the early 60's). His father started to fall in his Presidential bid when he said he had been "brainwashed" on the Viet Nam War. He actually, was changing positions , too, only from left to right.