[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland reports and pics

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 03:14:17 PDT 2012

On 5/2/2012 3:04 AM, Joel Schalit wrote:

> The police were awful.

If you can't find a job, be a cop.

Trouble is I've been in situations where the only thing to do was call a cop. Like when an air duct between your apartment and another is telling you for sure that someone is in trouble upstairs.

This ties in with the prison abolition stuff. Asking what do we do with criminals is a reasonable question. But I think we all need to be always wary of how crime fear rhetoric affects us.