[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland reports and pics

Joel Schalit jschalit at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:22:01 PDT 2012

Well, the police were doing their job, so to speak. Shops were ransacked all over the Bay Area - Telegraph Avenue, in Berkeley, Market Street and Union Square, in SF. So, they imposed curfews, attacked political demonstrators, etc. Pro-forma, for the region, and in general, I suppose. I'm not nostalgic for that period in time, though reading about the local Occupy scene, especially during this Rodney King anniversary, does bring me back.

Best, Joel