[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland reports and pics

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed May 2 13:59:22 PDT 2012

cb, struggling to make a point, writes:

> I saw a news story yesterday on just one county in Texas that has
> , now , 30 plus men who have been released from prison because they
> are innocent. That's just one county.

And I'm sure you learned in law school that the plural of anecdote is not "evidence" ... right?

> I think there are stats that most people in prison or a
> major fraction are for non-violent crimes, like drug possession.

It's no where near "most" but then: this thread isn't about those who shouldn't be in prison.

Can we agree that violent criminals don't deserve membership in the community? And that there are a lot of them? If not, can we agree that they should all live in your neighborhood instead of mine?

/jordan